In addition to giving lectures around the world, Dr. Scott Tinker has made guest appearances on several energy-related podcasts.
Dr. Tinker is Chairman of the Switch Energy Alliance, Director of the 250-person Bureau of Economic Geology, the State Geologist of Texas, and a professor holding the Allday Endowed Chair at The University of Texas at Austin. He has served as president of the American Geosciences Institute (AGI), the Association of American State Geologists, the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), and the Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies (GCAGS).
In his visits to some 60 countries, Dr. Tinker has given over 750 keynote and invited lectures to government, industry, academic, and general audiences. In case you missed it, check out these podcasts featuring Dr. Tinker:
- “Dr. Scott Tinker - Chairman, Switch Energy Alliance” (YPE Podcast - Young Professionals in Energy): Dr. Tinker joins host Mark Hinaman to discuss the Switch Energy Alliance, a nonprofit organization that strives to develop objective, film-based resources to be used in classrooms across the world to create an energy-educated future.
- “Energy Transition Complexities” (Path to Zero Podcast - Propane Education & Research Council): Tucker Perkins explores the challenges of the global energy transition with Dr. Tinker, who has been working for years on educating the public that every energy source has pros and cons and sustainability will require an energy mix.
- “Completely Factual but not Factually Complete” (C.O.B. Tuesday Podcast - Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.): In honor of Earth Day, TPH is thrilled to bring you this special edition broadcast from the Houston Museum of Natural Science featuring Dr. Tinker and Nicole Temple, Vice President of Youth Education at HMNS.
- “The Other Energy Transition” (Decouple Podcast): Dr. Chris Keefer and Dr. Tinker discuss how wealthy countries in the West are engaged in an energy transition ostensibly away from fossil fuels towards renewable energy while the developing world is emerging from energy poverty largely through the use of fossil fuels.
- “Switch Energy Alliance on Energy Poverty and the Transition” (The Power Hungry Podcast): Robert Bryce talks with Dr. Tinker about the Alliance’s new energy-focused curriculum, and the compelling new documentary, Switch On, which takes viewers to Ethiopia, Kenya, Colombia, Vietnam, and Nepal, to show how people all over the world are struggling to overcome energy poverty.
- “Can The World Energy Supply Become Fully Sustainable?” (The Peak Prosperity Podcast): Will our global society be able to transition off of its extreme dependence on fossil fuels? And if so, can we do so without too much pain? Dr. Chris Martenson and Dr. Tinker address these key questions.
- “If you want freedom you need energy” (The Foundation Podcast - Texas Public Policy Foundation): Dr. Kevin Roberts interviews Dr. Tinker about the effects of energy poverty and how it threatens the freedoms and liberties we enjoy. Listen as they discuss the pros and cons of renewables and what they mean for the future of our energy landscape.